Makaia is the founder of online business success Motivate Me NZ – an exclusive members only community created for like-minded Kiwi women looking for positive support during their journey of living a healthier lifestyle, and also M Fit Ltd – an online activewear clothing and accessory retailer. She has recently sold both businesses.
Makaia founded MMNZ in 2012 whilst working fulltime in a senior management role using Facebook as her key tool to develop, grow and promote her new start-up business. The business has had over 3,500 paid members and a combined social community of over 150,000 followers.
In 2 short years the business grew exponentially, allowing Makaia to leave her full time employment and employ 3 full time staff, quickly hitting half a million in turnover and growing multiple revenue streams.
With such a significant social media presence and individual profile she has found herself operating more and more in the world of blogging, advertising, paid social media campaigns, public speaking, supporting charities and business mentoring.
The recent sale of both her businesses has now allowed Makaia space and time to evaluate her next new adventure, including writing and publishing her first book “Keeping It Real” with the support of Penguin Random House.
Fun Facts (Updated June 2018):
- Married to Jason – together since I was 15
- 2 Kids – eldest is 20, boy called Gabe, youngest 12, girl called Jana-Lee
- Born in Hawera, Taranaki, Lives in Auckland, New Zealand
- Loves Food, Fitness, Fashion, Family, Friends and fun!
- Battles with depression everyday and will openly talk about this to help others.
- Has fought and won in a corporate boxing match
- Is now a published author! “Keeping It Real” By Makaia Carr
- Drives a black Holden Trax
- Learnt to surf in Bali
- Loves Pilates and loathes Yoga (except Yin)
- Eats Clean Whole foods 80% of the time
- 20% of time whatever the soul wants!