Makaia is the founder of online business success Motivate Me NZ – an exclusive members only community created for like-minded Kiwi women looking for positive support during their journey of living a healthier lifestyle, and also M Fit Ltd – an online activewear clothing and accessory retailer. She has recently sold both businesses.
Makaia founded MMNZ in 2012 whilst working fulltime in a senior management role using Facebook as her key tool to develop, grow and promote her new start-up business. The business has had over 3,500 paid members and a combined social community over 150,000 followers.
In 2 short years the business grew exponentially, allowing Makaia to leave her full time employment and employ 3 full time staff, hitting half a million in turnover and growing multiple revenue streams.
With such a significant social media presence and individual profile she has found herself operating more and more in the world of blogging, advertising, paid social media campaigns, public speaking and mentoring.
The recent sale of both her businesses has now allowed Makaia space and time to evaluate her next new adventure. One of those new adventures is starting up her own Youtube channel and targeting women in their 30’s+ by sharing her health, wellness, business, beauty and lifestyle tips. Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to her channel and let her know what you think.
Fun Facts (April 2017):
- Married to Jason – together since I was 15
- 2 Kids – eldest is 19, boy called Gabe, youngest 11, girl called Jana-Lee
- Lives in Auckland, New Zealand
- Is currently on a no alcohol for 365 days challenge and winning!
- Loves Food, Fitness, Fashion, Family, Friends and fun!
- Battles with depression everyday and will openly talk about this to help others.
- Has fought and won a boxing match
- Will be writing a book soon
- Drives a black Holden Trax
- Learnt to surf properly in Bali
- Loves Pilates and loathes Yoga (except Yin)
- Eats Clean Whole foods 80% of the time
- 20% of time whatever the FUCK I want!
If you would like to get in touch with Makaia’s agent to discuss work, media or promotional activity please email email@example.com