This is an oldie but a goodie of mine and I’m posting here on the blog for easy reference, as I get asked for it all the time…
Its my all time fave salad to make every summer!
Quick and easy for this time of year and so good served with your fave hot/cold cut meats or seafood.
Use fresh vegetables wherever you can but tinned options make it very practical and quick to prepare…especially for those last minute BBQ invites.
Healthy, Easy and Delish - Summer Bean & Corn Salad
- 1 can of whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 can of beans (mixed, kidney or butter - rinsed and drained)
- 1 can of chopped beetroot (drained)
- 1/2 chopped red onion - finely diced
- Chopped spring onion
- 1 red capsicum finely chopped
- 1 packet of cooked and cooled edamame beans
- 1-2 chopped avocados
- You can find Edamame beans in the frozen pea section of the supermarket.
- Cook these and allow to cool earlier.
- Simply add all your prepared ingredients into a large salad bowl and mix carefully.
- No dressing is required as all these flavours taste amazing as they are.
This salad lasts for days in an air tight container in the fridge and it's the perfect salad to take to work with your added meat/protein option…Just freshen up the avocado each day. Also just leave out what you don't like and add in any extras that you want too - its a super easy salad that can be created in so many ways. Hope you like it?